After starting her legal career at a little known internet company (GoDaddy.com), Tanya moved to Austin, TX and made a habit of being the first in house counsel for start-up/high growth technology companies. Tanya’s career has taken her to all facets of technology companies, from hardware manufacturers to fin tech, internet hosting providers to legal tech SaaS companies, and from POS systems to payment processors.
As General Counsel for these organizations, Tanya’s responsibilities ran from the management of all the day to day legal, including contracts of all types and sizes, risk management, and litigation management; serving as board secretary, working on corporate transactions ranging from acquisitions to convertible notes and similar financing agreements; managing the human resources function including labor disputes; and providing strategic guidance on product development and general operations. In these roles Tanya has helped companies grow to prepare for their initial offerings or other exits.
- J.D., Arizona State University College of Law, Certificate for Law, Science, and Technology
- B.I.D, Arizona State University, cum laude, Interdisciplinary Studies in Justice Theories and Political Science
- General Corporate and Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Govenernace
- Technology Agreements
- E-Commerce & Data Privacy
- Marketing & Communications