Areas of Concentration
In many cases, Constantine has acted as outside General Counsel for companies, advising on governance issues, structuring acquisitions and divestitures, handling multiple rounds of financing, facilitating employment arrangements, handling real estate matters, preparing numerous commercial agreements and, when necessary, managing litigation strategy.
His experience covers a number of industries, including finance, technology, energy and manufacturing. On the technology front, he has worked with information technology, e-commerce, telecommunications, semiconductor, biomedical, biotech, healthcare and power storage companies, to name a few. In the energy industry, Constantine has worked with companies in the oil and gas, geothermal, biofuels, electric, wind and solar sectors. In manufacturing, he has worked with a diverse range of companies, from an international chalkboard/whiteboard manufacturer to a manufacturer of advanced plug-in hybrid propulsion systems.
Having served in the U.S. Army, as a systems analyst in the private sector, as an administrative officer in the federal government, and as the co-founder of an information systems consulting company and a RF (radio frequency) engineering services company, he brings a broad, multi-disciplinary understanding to the practice of corporate law with a strong focus on effectively moving his clients’ business objectives forward.
Constantine has served as Chief Strategy and Legal Officer of The IPN, Inc., which develops and commercializes diverse intellectual property assets. Immediately prior to that, Constantine served as Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel of AudioEye, Inc., which focuses on creating voice-driven technologies that improve the mobility, usability and accessibility of all Internet-based content through proprietary patented voice infrastructure technology.
Constantine previously served as the Co-Leader of the Corporate Practice Group at Duval & Stachenfeld LLP, a noted New York law firm that provides high-end legal representation primarily to large institutional clients and hedge funds. Prior to that, Constantine was with the Corporate and Securities group at Greenberg Traurig LLP, an international law firm with offices across the United States, where he worked with clients both domestic and international.
Constantine also served as Vice President – Investment Banking and team leader for the Internet/Networking Group of a New York-based merchant banking firm where he negotiated and structured acquisitions, principal transactions as well as private equity placements with numerous public and private companies, during which time he also served on the boards of directors of various portfolio companies.
Constantine is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, the State of New York, the State of Texas, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Judicial Intern, United States Court of Veterans Appeals, Chambers of Judge Jonathan Steinberg
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.)
– Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University (M.B.A.)
– Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, the national business school honor society
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service (International Business Diplomacy Certificate – Landegger Honors Program)
- University of Maryland (B.S. in Computer and Information Science)
- Georgetown University (B.A., magna cum laude, double major in Economics and Government/International Relations)
- Spencer G. Feldman and Constantine S. Potamianos, The Board’s Technology Committee: The Next Wave in Corporate Governance, The Corporate Governance Advisor.
- Spencer G. Feldman and Constantine S. Potamianos, Batteries Not Included – The Ascension of the Board-Level Technology Committee, PLI’s Compliance Counselor.
- Spencer G. Feldman and Constantine S. Potamianos, The Impact of Acquisition Confidentiality Agreements: Doing Deals in the Internet Age, Insights: The Corporate & Securities law Advisor.
- Spencer G. Feldman and Constantine S. Potamianos, Are Your Secrets Safe? Acquisition Confidentiality Agreements in the Internet Age, Profit.
- Constantine S. Potamianos, The Temporary Admission of Skilled Workers to the United States under the H-1B Program: Economic Boon or Domestic Workforce Scourge?, 11 Geo. Immigr. L.J.
In addition, Constantine has presented before numerous business and professional groups.
Constantine is actively involved in the Austin technology sector and has been invited to serve as a mentor with almost all the leading technology accelerators and incubators in Austin:
- Mentor – Capital Factory
- Lead Mentor – Bunker Labs
- Mentor – Patriot Boot Camp
- Mentor – Techstars
- Mentor – MassChallenge Texas